Whether you are celebrating Galentine’s Day or Valentine’s Day, we’ve created a list of fun and different Valentine’s Day alternative activities that any couple or group of friends might enjoy. Cheers!
• Go on a hike – Owl’s Hill, Percy Warner Park and Radnor Lake are great options to get that heart pumping.
• Make a picnic (weather permitting)
• Cupid’s Undie Run
A Cozy Night In:
• Ditch the store-bought candy and get the cookbooks out and bake together. Everyone loves a homemade sweet.
• Host a cozy wine tasting, make it a couples get together and maybe make it a potluck where everyone brings a small appetizer or different cheese to try with the wines.
• Make a playlist together of your favorite songs.
• Movie night – bring out the classics or even a romantic comedy!
• Visit the Farmer’s Market over the weekend and pick out fresh foods together. Then, make a menu from what you find.
• Fresh flowers from your local florist. Buy local!
• Personalized funny mug or t-shirt – try Shutterfly.
• Plan a travel getaway that is driving distance to somewhere you both have not been.
Switch it Up:
• Instead of dinner, do a Valentine’s Day Breakfast together. That way you can beat the crowds and make a new tradition.
• Try a pub crawl with a group of friends. Try different appetizers and drinks from each restaurant or bar you visit.
• Try out a new activity you both have not done together. Maybe visit a local museum, art gallery or attempt a new workout class.
• Be a tourist in your own town city. Have you both been to the Honky Tonks on Broadway? The Frist Art Museum? The Pedestrian Bridge?
• Write a romantic letter to one another. A handwritten letter will never die out!